- The NITI Aayog has organized the Third Edition of the Women Transforming India Awards 2018 and launched the upgraded portal of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform.
Annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- NITI Aayog in partnership with the US govt hosted the 8th Annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) in Hyderabad.
- To take the idea forward, CEO, NITI Aayog announced setting up of Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) to promote and support established as well as aspiring women entrepreneurs in India.
Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP)
- WEP is the first of its kind unified access platform which enables meeting of several stakeholders in the entrepreneurial space on a single platform.
- It works in collaboration with various partner organizations to provide a wide range of support services to women entrepreneurs under various service verticals of WEP.
- The WEP seeks to transform the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country and is a one-stop resource centre for future and budding women entrepreneurs.
- It seeks to act as a medium for various stakeholders in the economy to come together and offer integrated services such as Incubation Support, Mentorship, Funding avenues, Compliance, Marketing Assistance etc.
Women Transforming India Awards
- The Awards were instituted to recognise and celebrate stories of exemplary women from across India.
- WTI Awards 2018 received over 2300 nominations this year.
- Through a highly objective and transparent screening and evaluation process have selected 15 winners from sectors such as Renewable Energy, Education, Sanitation, Art and Culture, Social Innovation and Impact to name a few.
- This year’s theme is “Women and Entrepreneurship”.
WEP Investment Council
- The WEP Investment Council was established to address funding related challenges faced by entrepreneur.