- Recently, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) released the World Investment Report 2020.
- The report monitors the global as well as regional FDI trends and also documents the national and international investment policy developments.
About the Report
- According to the report, global FDI flows are forecast to decrease by up to 40% in 2020,from their 2019 value of $1.54 trillion.
- Indiawas the world’s 9th largest recipient of foreign direct investments (FDI) in 2019 with $51 billion in foreign investment.
- In 2018, India was the world’s 12th largest recipient with $42 billion foreign investment.
- It is a permanent intergovernmental body established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1964.
- It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
Reports of UNCTAD
- Trade and Development Report, World Investment Report, The Least Developed Countries Report, Information and Economy Report, Technology and Innovation Report, Commodities and Development Report