Skip to content
- The world’s first democratically elected government celebrates its 60th anniversary on April 5.
- On that day in 1957, Kerala’s first government led by E M Sankaran Namboodiripad assumed office. The state was created on November 1, 1956, and communists won the first election to the state legislative assembly.
- It was also considered as the first Communist government to assume power through election in the world.
- The state is now ruled by a coalition led by the Communist Party of India (Marxist). It has planned several programs to celebrate the anniversary.
- On April 5, Chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan would inaugurate the celebration at a function in the Nishagandi Auditorium of the state capital of Thiruvananthapuram.
error: Content is protected !!
Test Series-2019 and Prelim-cum-Mains Integrated Programme for 2019 will be launched very soon:
September-2018 Current Affairs has been sent to all our subscribers. Do Check you subscribed id. Thanks