Recently, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for the Ministry of Science and Technology has released the Yuktdhara Portal under Bhuvan.
About Yuktdhara Portal
- It is a Geospatial Planning Portal meant for facilitating Gram Panchayat Level planning of MGNREGA activities across India.
It is aptly named as word ‘Yukt’ is derived from Yojanam, the planning and ‘Dhara’ indicates the flow.
- It is a culmination of untiring joint efforts of ISRO and Ministry of Rural development made towards realizing a G2G service for rural planning in support of decentralized decision making.
- Yuktdhara based plans will be prepared by grassroot functionary and verified by appropriate authorities for relevance and resource allocation.
Significance of Yuktdhara Portal
- It will facilitate planning of new MGNREGA assets using Remote Sensing and GIS based information.
- It will serve as a repository of assets (Geotags) created under various national rural development programmes i.e. MGNREGA, Per Drop More Crop and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana etc., along with field photographs.
- It integrates wide variety of thematic layers, multi-temporal high resolution earth observation data with analysis tools.
- The planners will analyse previous assets under various schemes and facilitates identification of new works using online tools.
Back to Basics
About BHUVAN Portal
- It is the national Geo-portal developed and hosted by ISRO comprising of Geo Spatial Data, Services and Tools for Analysis.
- It has many versatile features such as:
- Visualization of Satellite Imagery and Maps;
- Free Data Download; and
- Download Reports to name a few
- The Satellite Imageries are of Multi-sensor, Multi-platform and Multi-temporal in nature can be visualized in 2D and 3D.
- Varieties of thematic maps are also hosted for analysis of various natural resources themes.
Bhuvan platform supports many applications that address Governance and other Geo Spatial applications that are being used by the Central and State Governments Departments, Academia and Industry.
Governance Current Affairs : Click here