- Recently, Scientists using an aerial remote-sensing method have discovered the largest and oldest-known structure built by the ancient Maya civilization.
About Aguada Fenix
- Located at a site called Aguada Fenix near the Guatemalan border.
- In total volume, it exceeded ancient Egypt’s Great Pyramid of Giza built 1,500 years earlier.
Lidar (Aerial Remote Sensing Method)
- Short for Light Detection and Ranging,
- A remote-sensing technique that employs a pulsed laser and other data obtained flying over a site to generate three-dimensional information about the shape of surface characteristics.