- Recently, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Bengaluru and Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital for cooperation in the field of Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and Astrophysics.
About the MOU & Space Awareness
- This MoU will pave the way for future collaborations between ISRO and ARIES in establishing optical telescope observational facilities for space object tracking, R&D studies in space weather, astrophysics and Near Earth Object (NEO).
- Space objects orbital tracking, analysis and space weather studies are important aspects in Space Situational Awareness & Management to safe guard Indian space assets from critical conjunction threats from space debris.
- Future endeavors in space exploration depends on R&D in Astrophysics, solar sciences and space environment.
- Self-reliance in these areas is key to the progress of Indian space arena.