About Global Innovation Index:
• The Global Innovation Index is an annual ranking of countries by their capacity for, and success in, innovation.
• It is published by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organization, in partnership with other organisations and institutions, and is based on both subjective and objective data derived from several sources, including the International.
• Telecommunication Union, the World Bank and the World Economic Forum.
• The index was started in 2007 by INSEAD and World Business, a British magazine.
• The GII is commonly used by corporate and government officials to compare countries by their level of innovation.