- Tejas has successfully fired an air-to-air beyond visual (BVR) range missile, demonstrating its overall capability as an effective combat jet
- It is indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA)
- The aircraft is developed by state-run aerospace behemoth Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- It is single-seat, single-jet engine, multirole light fighter
- LCA was officially named “Tejas” in 2003, meaning “Radiant” in Sanskrit by the then Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- It reacts very smoothly, fly-by-wire, its turn radius is very good, maneuverability is very good
- The aircraft is equipped to handle air-to-air missiles, air-to-surface missiles, anti-ship missiles, bombs and rockets. It is considered to be the lightest multi-role supersonic aircraft of its class.
- It is meant to facilitate all weather use
- it is a light combatant
- It cannot go into deep penetration
- It is mostly good for dogfights in our own sky or to degrade the opponent Army’s command posts.